Hair is a fascinating topic, and you may have already have already read our blog discussing some unbelievable facts about hair. Today, we’ve turned our attention to hair colour specifically to share with you some intriguing information that you probably didn’t know…
1. Natural blondes may not necessarily have more fun, but they statistically have more hairs on their head that any other colour at 120,000 strands on average. This is thought to be because blonde strands of hair are thinner, leaving more room on the scalp for additional hairs.
2. Redheads on the other hand have the least number of strands on average at around 80,000 per person!
3. Only 2% of the entire population has naturally blonde hair. However, it is predicted that 1 in 3 women lighten their hair to a blonde shade.
4. Black/dark brown is the most common hair colour in the world with around 97% of the population naturally carrying this trait.
5. No one’s hair is actually black, simply a very, very dark shade of brunette.
6. Red hair is unsurprisingly the least common hair colour, with only 1% of the world’s population naturally gifted with the vibrant hue.
7. In Scotland, 13% of the population are redheads, making up the majority of natural redheads all around the globe.
8. In the 1950s, only 7% of the world’s population had coloured hair. It’s now thought that as much as 75% of females in the UK and USA now have coloured hair.
9. Our hair turns grey as the follicles die, leaving fewer pigment cells to colour the strands and causing a higher level of transparency that presents itself in a range of grey, silver and white hues.
10. The founder of L’Oreal, Eugene Schueller was the creator of the first ever synthetic hair colouring product in 1907.
11. The ancient Egyptians were one of the first generations to use hair colourants, typically using henna to cover over grey hairs. Natural colourants used to make paint pigments were also used to add something unique to hair including royal blues and paler shades too.
The processes of hair colouring have come a long way over the years, and here at Central Studio we’re proud to offer top quality hair colouring in Bristol. Through the use of the latest innovations such as SmartBond and other L’Oreal Proffessionel products, we love to restyle your hair to your exacting needs. Why not book in for a luxury consultation today to begin your next hair colour journey?